We all have moments when we aren't sure what we are looking for in a relationship and need to retune with our inner core. These twenty questions are designed to help you find internal alignment so that you can approach the rest of your life from a place of balance and understanding. Sometimes the best kind of love is self love. Send yourself some flowers and slowly work your way through these twenty questions.
1. What do I want and need in a relationship?
2. What do I bring to relationships?
3. What are red flags?
4. What are green flags?
5. What are your non-negotiables?
6. What are your boundaries?
7. What are your fears?
8. What are the things/events/experiences you want to share?
9. What are your short-term, intermediate and long term goals, habits and plans?
10. What type of lifestyle do you have? Do you want?
11. What do you find attractive and unattractive in a partner?
12. What’d does your most perfect day look like? (This is also a beautiful Law of Attraction manifesting exercise to write out for periods ahead in the future = 3 months from now, 6 months from now, a year from now, etc.)
13. What are your core beliefs? Are these open to change when challenged?
14. How often and important are dates to you in relationships?
15. Do you prefer to plan or spontane dates yourself and be in charge, or is it a shared honor between you and your partner?
16. What is love? How is it felt by you? How is it communicated from you?
17. What are important things and stories to know about each other?
18. How important is time with friends and family? Do you see them frequently or only during holidays?
19. What are your priorities in life and in relationships?
20. What is intimacy and how important is physical intimacy? What is a desired frequency of it?
As with everything, I prefer to handwrite questions and answers in a journal. It’s a living, breathing document and flows with time as life changes me and I change my life.